14-Mar-2023 | Facts and Factors
According to Facts and Factors, the global digital education publishing market size was worth around USD 10.13 billion in 2022 and is predicted to grow to around USD 30.42 billion by 2030 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of roughly 18.51% between 2023 and 2030.
The global industry is a part of the publishing sector that is responsible for creating and distributing content for digital education. It includes a wide range of products and services like multimedia content, textbooks, interactive tools, and workbooks. The entire role of the published units is to deliver and improve the learning experience. The fraternity is registering tremendous growth which has received higher momentum due to Covid-19 since 2020 almost all education centers were forced to conduct digital classes to ensure that the student years were not affected.
Browse the full “Digital Education Publishing Market Size, Share, Growth Analysis Report By End-User (K12, Higher Education, and Corporate or Skill Based), By Product Type (Digital Textbooks, Digital Assessment Books, and Others), and By Region - Global and Regional Industry Insights, Overview, Comprehensive Analysis, Trends, Statistical Research, Market Intelligence, Historical Data and Forecast 2023 – 2030" report at https://www.fnfresearch.com/digital-education-publishing-market
With the growth of online education, the market players can expect a larger consumer database in the coming years. The education content for digital learning offers higher accessibility since students can visit the applications or browse through the information from anywhere and at their convenience. It can be accessed using a variety of tools including e-readers, smartphones, tablets, computers, and other smart electronic devices.
The global digital education publishing market is projected to grow owing to several factors. The growing demand for customized learning experiences based on student skills and requirements is one of the leading reasons along with the growth in the consumer database that prefers digital learning over traditional methods. A large segment of this population belongs to the corporate world that is looking for learning programs that can offer them skill development. However, since they have time constraints, digital learning is the best source of education owing to the ease it offers.
Furthermore, the increasing investments in technological advancements to prepare interactive and engaging digital content are expected to help the industry players generate high revenue. Technical growth is also essential to reach every part of the world since digital learning does not face the limitations that occur in traditional learning methods in terms of the development of supporting physical infrastructure like classrooms. Increasing access to smart and mobile devices is a crucial factor for expansion. Students worldwide have greater access to digital communication devices and the adoption rate is growing annually with the growing number of product availability and higher disposable income along with other factors.
The global industry may face certain growth restraints mainly due to the lack of necessary infrastructure in certain parts of the world. For instance, under-developed economies, war-torn nations, regions with social-political conflicts, or the ones suffering from frequent natural disasters. Furthermore, certain institutes exhibit extreme resistance to change and prefer going on with traditional teaching methods which is a prominent barrier for the market players.
Personalized learning may provide excellent growth opportunities while quality assurance could pose a major threat.
The global digital education publishing market is segmented based on end-user, product type, and region.
Based on end-user, the global market divisions are K12, higher education, and corporate or skill based.
- In 2022, the highest education segment led the global market growth with dominance
- These educational institutes include colleges and universities and such units are at the forefront of accepting digital systems in education programs
- The modern-age knowledge programs are highly influenced by practical learning and digital systems are an excellent measure of achieving this goal
- Furthermore, technological systems help in improving the student learning experience which is the latest focus of all educational institutes
- Covid-19 played a major role in driving the demand in the segment during 2020 and henceforth
- India has around 53 accredited online universities and colleges as of 2023
Based on product type, the global market is divided into digital textbooks, digital assessment books, and others
- Segmental growth is influenced by factors like the subject matter, education level, and region. However, digital textbooks lead the global market growth in 2022
- These books provide a wide summary of the course or the subject and are the preferred choice among students and faculty members
- The latest developments in the segment have allowed them to become more interactive thus gathering higher attention from the students
- Assessment books help prepare for tests and exams and hence have a limited scope
- A recent Research Gate study concluded that 55% of lecturers preferred using e-books along with traditional printed books for conducting classes
North America is anticipated to lead the global digital education publishing market due to the already established education sector in the US and Canada. Furthermore, the high rate of technological adoption in the sector further instigates regional market growth. Alongside, growing disposable income, easy access to smart devices, a growing economy, and the presence of small and large-scale service providers are some of the crucial factors for the high CAGR in this region.
Asia-Pacific may emerge as a lucrative market for further expansion due to the growing population of corporate employers opting for higher learning with the aid of digital systems. Moreover, growing investments in regional edtech and increasing foreign international player entries could act as reasons for higher growth.
Market Size in 2022
USD 10.13 Billion
Projected Market Size in 2030
USD 30.42 Billion
CAGR Growth Rate
Key Market Players
Georg von Holtzbrinck, Scholastic Corp., Oxford University Press, Hachette Livre, McGraw-Hill Education Inc., John Wiley & Sons, Cengage Learning, Pearson, Thomson Reuters, Cambridge University Press, and others.
By End-User, Product Type, and Region
Major Regions Covered
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East &, Africa
Request customized purchase options to meet your research needs. Explore purchase options
The global digital education publishing market is led by players like Georg von Holtzbrinck, Scholastic Corp., Oxford University Press, Hachette Livre, McGraw-Hill Education Inc., John Wiley & Sons, Cengage Learning, Pearson, Thomson Reuters, and Cambridge University Press.
- In December 2022, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) - Ropar announced a partnership with edtech company GUVI to improve the digital learning experience
- In August 2020, IBM and NSDC announced a collaboration to launch an e-learning platform for the younger generation
- In May 2020, Blinkist entered a partnership with Monte Carlo, Inc. to achieve a higher amount of trustworthy data using data observability
The global digital education publishing market is segmented as follows:
- Higher Education
- Corporate or Skill Based
By Product Type
- Digital Textbooks
- Digital Assessment Books
- North America
- The UK
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Facts & Factors is a leading market research organization offering industry expertise and scrupulous consulting services to clients for their business development. The reports and services offered by Facts and Factors are used by prestigious academic institutions, start-ups, and companies globally to measure and understand the changing international and regional business backgrounds. Our client’s/customer’s conviction on our solutions and services has pushed us in delivering always the best. Our advanced research solutions have helped them in appropriate decision-making and guidance for strategies to expand their business.
Facts & Factors
A 2108, Sargam,
Pune 411041, India
Email: [email protected]